b. circa 1815
|BirthCirca||circa 1815||Mary Mason was born in Virginia circa 1815.2|
|Marriage||She married David Edmondson, son of Moses Edmiston and Jane Whitely.1|
|Mary and David lived in Washington County, Virginia, where they appear to have raised a family of at least 9 children born between about 1834 and 1858. They also appear to have had a close relationship with David's half-sister Elizabeth (Scott) Beatie Snead and his sister Sarah Edmondson. Elizabeth's will, dated June 19th 1872, left David and Mary the 6 acres of land on which they lived. After their death the land was to pass to 3 of their children who were named as Nicholas [sometimes written as Nick or Nickerson], Stuart [or Stewart] and Mail [probably Mary]. Sarah's will, dated June 12th 1883, left David $100.3,4|
|David Edmondson b. abt 1812|
|Last Edited||1 Dec 2013|
- [S2208] Nick Snead Edmondson, Commonwealth of Kentucky Death certificate no. 8967 (1918).
- [S367] David Edmondson household, 1850 U.S. Census, Washington Co., VA, pop. sched., 67th district, p. following 91 stamped, dwelling 355, family 355, viewed online at Ancestry.com, Aug. 2008, image 48 of 289. Household includes: David Edmondson, 38, farmer; Mary, 35; John, 13; Armstrong, 16; Jas, 11; Florence, 8; Elizabeth, 5; Baby ?/12; all b. VA.
- [S707] Elizabeth Snead will and codicil (recorded 1876), Washington Co., Virginia Will Book 19: 101. The will was dated 19 June 1872 with a codicil added June 25th 1872 and a second codicil added June 15th, 1876. It was recorded in court on June 26, 1876; M. M. Morris, executor.
- [S711] Sarah Edmondson will (recorded 1886), Washington Co., Virginia Will Book 22: 247. Sarah's will was written in 1883 and recorded in court on 24 May 1886. Since the will did not name an executor, the distributees asked that M.M. Morris be appointed administrator.
- [S6] Thomas Colley, Washington Co. VA Marriages 1853-1880, p. 342. Robert F. Smith, 26y, sgl, b. Trimble Co., KY, resid WCV, physician s/o David & Eliza Smith AND Florence M. Edmondson, 21y, sgl, b & resid WCV, d/o David & Mary Edmondson; marr 11 Jul 1865.
- [S234] David Edmondson household, 1860 U.S. cens, Washington Co., VA, pop. sched., the Western district, p. 90 (original), dwelling 646, family 631, viewed online at Ancestry.com, Aug. 2008, image 92 of 361. Household includes: David Edmondson, 50 farmer; Mary, 46; John, 21; Jas, 19; Florence, 16; cont. next page: Elizabeth, 17; Steward 10; Mary, 7; Nickerson, 4, William, 2; all b. VA.