Hattie Pearl Asbury1
b. 4 July 1876, d. 13 December 1910
|Birth||4 Jul 1876 ||Hattie Pearl Asbury was born on 4 Jul 1876 in Washington County, Virginia.3,4,1 |
|Marriage||30 Jun 1897 ||She married Edward M. Atkins on 30 Jun 1897 in Washington County.1 |
|Cens-Sum|| || Following their marriage Edward and Hattie made their home in Glade Spring (Washington County) with Hattie's widowed mother and Hattie's 3 brothers. Edward worked as a dry goods merchant while 2 of Hattie's brothers were employed as telegraph operators and one worked as a produce merchant. Edward and Hattie's family included 2 daughters, Lillian and Sue. A third daughter was born and died at 1 day of age in 1898.4,5 |
|Death||13 Dec 1910 ||Hattie died on 13 Dec 1910 at age 34.3 |
|Burial|| ||She was buried at Old Baptist Cemetery in Washington County, Virginia.3 |
- [S8] Hockett and Hunt, 1891-1902 Marriages of Washington Co. VA, p. 4. Record abstracted as: Edward M. Atkins, sgl, b. Milbore Springs, VA, s/o James M. & Mary V. Atkins, merchant AND Hattie Pearl Asbury, 21, d/o Mansfield & Lelia A. Asbury; marr: 30 Jun 1897 by W.N. Wagner.
- [S622] Martha Keys, "And I'm My Own Grandma," e-mail to Diana Powell, Nov. 27, 2007.
- [S2] Catherine McConnell, High On A Windy Hill, p. 166. Stone reported to read: Hattie Pearl Atkins, 4 Jul 1876-13 Dec. 1910.
- [S574] Edward Atkins household, 1900 U.S. cens., Washington Co., Virginia, pop. sched., Glade Spring, ED 108, sheet 1A (p. 61 stamped), dwelling 6, family 8, viewed online at Genealogy.com, Dec. 2007. Household includes Edward Atkins, 36, b. May 1864, marr 2 yrs, b. VA, father b. VA, mother b. W VA, merchant; Hattie, wife, 23 [or 24], b. June 1876, marr 2 yrs, mother of 1 child, not living, b. VA, parents b. VA; residing in household of Mrs. L. A. Asbury.
- [S237] Edward M. Atkins household, 1910 U.S. cens., Washington Co., VA, pop. sched., Glade Spring, ED 116, sheet 2A (p. 2 stamped), dwelling 32, family 34, viewed online at Ancestry.com, Dec. 2007, image 3 of 35. Enumeration includes: Edward M. Atkins, 45, marr #1, marr 12 yrs, b. VA, parents b. W.VA, merchant - dry goods store; Hattie P., wife, 33, marr #1, marr 12 yrs, mother of 3 children, 2 living; Lilliam _, dau, 9; Sue M., dau, 7; Lelia A. Asbury, mother-in-law, 67, wid, mother of 7 children, 4 are living; Chas M., bros-in-law, 31, sgl, telegraph operator; Hiram T., bros-in-law, 29, sgl, telegraph operator; Wallace H., bros-in-law, 27, sgl, produce merchant; Crocket A. Seale, 28, servant; all b. VA; all other parents except Edward's b. VA.
- [S2] Catherine McConnell, High On A Windy Hill, p. 166. Stone reported to read: Virginia A. Atkins, d/o E.M. & H.P. Atkins, 3 May to 4 May 1898.