b. April 1780, d. before March 1829
|Father||John Reed1 d. 1790|
|Mother||Margaret Orr1 d. Apr 1793|
|Birth||Apr 1780 ||Jenny Reed was born in Apr 1780.2 |
|Marriage||16 Aug 1808 ||She married John Ryburn, son of William Ryburn and Mary (?), on 16 Aug 1808 in Washington County, Virginia.3,4 |
|Court Record||16 Aug 1808 ||The day of their wedding John and Jane executed a power of attorney to Jane's brothers, Arthur and John Reid [Reed], to represent them in the sale of land Jane and her brothers inherited from their father, John Reid [Reed], in York [now Adams] County, Pennsylvania. |
|Cens-1810||1810 || Two years later John was listed as the head of his own household on the 1810 Washington County census. He was indicated as a 26-44 year old male. Also indicated was a female under 10 and a female 26-44 who would no doubt have been Jenny.5 |
|Migration||between 1810 and 1811 ||Jenny and John appear to have migrated to Franklin County, Indiana, shortly after this census was recorded. |
|Death||before Mar 1829 ||Jenny probably died before Mar 1829 at which time John married for a second time. |
- [S66] Bob and Donna Ford, "Orr list with Ryburn, Reed, Beatty," e-mail to Diana Powell, 18 Jan 2001.
- [S66] Bob and Donna Ford, "Orr Questions," e-mail to Diana Powell, 23 Apr 2001. Authors cite York Co., PA Orphans Court Bk G, p. 132, dated 27 Mar 1794.
- [S4] D.E. Brown, Marriages of Washington Co., VA 1781-1853, p. 50. 16 Aug 1808, John Ryburn and Jenny Reed; 2 June 1808 John Ryburne and Jinny Reed.
- [S66] Bob and Donna Ford, "WCV marriage register," e-mail to Diana Powell, 3 May 2001. Fords cite Washington Co. VA marriage register on LDS film #0034389, p. 384 which lists the date of marriage as 16 Aug. 1808.
- [S1004] John Ryburn Jr household, 1810 U.S. cens., Washington Co., Virginia, p. 5 (script); 696 (additional script), viewed online at Ancestry.com.